Sunday, May 10, 2009

1970's- Post Eight

Yep, back in the 70's I was a dj for
several years. I worked full time and part time. As far as enjoying it I have to admit it was a blast, but it didn't pay enough to live on.

It was a small town morning to night country station and I worked all shifts at one time or another. I also wrote copy ( commercials) , and even wrote out the logs when the secretary was on vacation.

I visited there recently and of course now everything is computerized which just takes all the fun out of the job.

The pic shows a dj friend of mine who worked there for a short time. I'm the one on top of the piano and I really did dress that way. Youth..........

2 comments:

  1. When I was dating, I would judge the dude VERY HARSHLY on what music he liked.
    I mentioned Paul McCartney to one guy and he said (I kid you not) "The dude with WINGS?"
    I never went out with him again.

    That dude with WINGS, indeed.

    ReplyDelete